We are a private facility and our surgeons work outside of RAMQ (non participating physicians within the meaning of the health act
). This means that patients must pay all costs.
|New Patient Consultation
(the new patient consultation is free for those who chose to have the surgery with us)
|Returning Patient after 6 months post surgery:
|First time laparoscopic surgery
|Lap Band Removal
|RY Gastric Bypass
These surgery costs include:
|Revision laparoscopic surgery
|Lap Band Removal and Sleeve Gastrectomy
|Lap Band Removal and RY Gastric Bypass
|Sleeve Gastrectomy to RY Gastric Bypass
|Distalization of RY Gastric Bypass
These surgery costs do not include:
- All medical, surgical, anesthesia, nursing and support staff fees.
- Operating room rental and operating room supplies.
- Admission to an accredited hospital for observation after the surgery to ensure the patient’s safety.
- Pre-operative medical exam and verification of the medical file for safe surgery.
- Pre-operative tests (SMAC, FSC, Vit B12, Folic acid, Ferritine, HbA1c, Chest Xray, ECG).
- Pre-operative nursing evaluation and teaching and Post-operative follow-up for 3 months.
- Pre-operative evaluation and teaching by a Bariatric Surgery trained dietician and Post-operative follow-up for 6 months.
- Pre-operative high protein low carbohydrate diet.
When you compare fees to other clinics please be aware that we are the only ones that admit patients
to a private hospital for their surgery as well as their post-surgery convalescence according
to the CURRENT STANDARD OF CARE.
- A $300 surcharge for BMI>50 kg/m2 (to cover the extra operating room time required to perform the surgery)
- A $300 surcharge for previous open surgery (to cover the extra operating room time required to perform the surgery)
- The Remote Monitoring Program provided by our Physimed partners.
What about financing?
Many of our patients ask about financing and those that chose this option have found MEDICARD a medical finance
company very accommodating. Visit them at