We are a private facility and our surgeons work outside of RAMQ (non participating physicians within the meaning of the health act). This means that patients must pay all costs. Fees apply to all consultations, including those performed in the office, over the phone, and over video chat.
New Patient: $250
Returning Patient after 90 days post surgery: $100
The Surgery Fee includes the following:
- All medical, surgical, anesthesia, nursing and support staff fees.
- Operating room rental and operating room supplies.
- Admission to an accredited hospital for observation after the surgery to ensure the patient’s safety.
When you compare fees to other clinics please be aware that we are the only ones that admit patients to a private hospital for their surgery as well as their post-surgery convalescence according to the CURRENT STANDARD OF CARE.
|Item||Laparoscopic RY Gastric Bypass (RYGBP)||Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG)|
|Surgery (includes 90 day follow-up post surgery||$13,610||$11,415|
|Hospital Admission After Surgery||$2,590 (2 days)||$1,935 (1 day)|
Revision surgeries start at $ 12,000 (e.g. lap band removal) and are adjusted based on the complexity of the revision in close consultation by your surgeon and your billing agent, Weight Loss Surgery.
Please take note that these are minimum fees for patients who do not have a surgical history that complicates the procedure. They do not include the costs of preparation for safe surgery and proper post-surgery followup.
The above surgery fees do not include:
- Pre-operative medical exam and verification of the medical file for safe surgery.
- Pre-operative testing (SMAC, FSC, Vit B12, Folic acid, Ferritine, HbA1c, Chest Xray, ECG).
- Pre-operative Nursing and Dietetic Evaluation and Teaching.
- Post-operative Nursing and Dietetic follow-up up to 3 months.
- Pre-operative high protein low carbohydrate diet.
- Post-operative Dietetic follow-up for up to 1 year post surgery.
- Cardiorespiratory Sleep Study if indicated.
- Remote Patient Monitoring
Patients are responsible for the additional cost of these services, 1-4 being mandatory for safe surgery and long-term goal attainment. These additional fees can vary between $2,255 and $4,295 depending on the patients physical status and their preference for the auxiliary services aimed to help them attain their long-term goals.
Our bariatric surgery coordinators will be happy to discuss with you how to obtain these services.
What about financing?
Many of our patients ask about financing and those that chose this option have found MEDICARD a medical finance company very accommodating. Visit them at medicard.com .