You have tried your best to permanently control your weight and health with no success and are now considering or have decided to proceed with weight loss surgery (bariatric/metabolic surgery).
Why weight loss surgery?
- Morbid obesity is a chronic condition with many associated diseases.
- Diets don’t work in the long run, but you probably know this already.
- Medical experts agree that BARIATRIC SURGERY produces long term weight loss.
- Medical experts agree that BARIATRIC SURGERY improves most obesity-associated diseases including: Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol/lipids and stress incontinence.
- Medical experts agree that BARIATRIC SURGERY reduces the risk of premature death.
- Read more….
Which weight loss surgery should you have?
- You have a choice between the Gastric Bypass (roux-en-Y gastric bypass) or the Gastric Sleeve ( Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy).
- We recommend the “gold standard” gastric bypass in most cases because of solid results up to 25 years after the surgery.
- We do not recommend adjustable gastric band surgery because of complications 3+ years after the surgery.
- We do not recommend the gastric balloon as it is a temporary procedure, just like the diets you tried and failed.
- The duodenal switch is reserved for special cases e.g. over 450 lbs or 220 kg weights.
- There are many experimental procedures that we do not yet recommend because the long term results are not known (eg. single anastomosis bypass, ilea interposition etc.).
- Click here for a one page comparative summary of the different procedures.
When can you get the surgery?
- We can complete your surgery in 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your completed patient questionnaire.
- If you suffer from certain obesity associated diseases such as heart disease, or lung disease, it may take 4-6 weeks longer – for your own safety. We need to ‘optimize’ your health and minimize the risks.
- You also get to chose the time that suits you and you will not be cancelled due to emergencies.
What does the surgery cost?
- We are a private facility and our surgeons work outside of Medicare (non participating physicians within the meaning of the health act).
- This means that you (or your insurance) must pay for all the costs.
- You pay one fee and we provide turn-key service for you.
- Click here to get more details on costs.
How to book your surgery?
- Click this link to complete the Patient Questionnaire.
- We will call you for an appointment at your earliest convenience.