What to eat for the first 6 weeks after the surgery?
Once you have left the hospital, you will need to make sure you follow the “What to eat the first 6 weeks after surgery ” menu plan, available from our Downloads page.
Remember that your new stomach pouch is very small and will not be completely healed. Please follow this plan otherwise your pouch can burst. THIS CAN KILL YOU!
In addition, follow these instructions to minimize problems:
- Take small sips of water very frequently to prevent dehydration.
- Look at your urine when you go. It should have a light tea color. If it has a dark red-Brown color you are not drinking enough water.
- When eating, take no more than 2 tablespoons over 10-15 minutes. Use a teaspoon to avoid taking too much food at one time.
- Stop eating as soon as you feel full.
- Coffee and tea are not recommended because they have almost no nutritional value and reduce iron absorption if taken with food.