Steps to take before the Surgery
Laparoscopic Weight loss surgery is complex surgery. The best preparation is to understand the risks and potential benefits and to closely follow our instructions.
Before the surgery
- If you smoke, stop smoking for at least a month before surgery.
- You will need to find someone to take over your responsibilities while you are in the hospital and after you go home to recover from the surgery (for example, taking care of the children, managing your business, etc.).
- MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW YOUR HIGH PROTEIN, LOW CARBOHYDRATE DIET (OPTIFAST) BEFORE THE SURGERY AS INSTRUCTED.
- Be certain to follow our instructions regarding any medications you may be taking to control other health conditions.
- You will be given several communications prior to your surgery date as to what to do, where to go and what time to arrive at our private hospital (CMCP).
- You should also make plans for someone to bring you to and from the hospital.