We are a private facility and our surgeons work outside of RAMQ (non participating physicians within the meaning of the health act
). This means that patients must pay all costs.
|New Patient Consultation
(the new patient consultation is free for those who chose to have the surgery with us)
|Returning Patient after 6 months post surgery:
Please note these costs reflect the complexity of the case, the surgical equipment, and hospital and operating room costs at the time of surgery. This also accounts for the additional equipment and protocols necessary for safety measures against COVID-19.
|First time laparoscopic surgery
|Lap Band Removal
|RY Gastric Bypass
These surgery costs include:
|Revision laparoscopic surgery
|Revision surgery e.g. Lap Band Removal and Sleeve Gastrectomy, Lap “Distalization” of RY Gastric bypass, Lap Band and RY Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy to RY Gastric Bypass etc.
||$ 22,000 – 26,000
When you compare fees to other clinics please be aware that we are the only ones that admit patients
to a nationally accredited private hospital for their surgery as well as their post-surgery convalescence with 24 hour registered nursing care and a surgeon and an anesthetist on call, according
to the current standard of care in Canada.
- All medical, surgical, anesthesia, nursing and support staff fees
- Operating room rental and operating room supplies
- Admission to an accredited hospital for observation after the surgery to ensure the patient’s safety
- Pre-operative medical history and physical exam and verification of the medical file for safe surgery
- Pre-operative blood tests
- Pre-operative ECG
- Pre-operative nursing evaluation and teaching and post-operative follow-up for 3 months
- Pre-operative evaluation and teaching with a specialized bariatric registered dietitian and post-operative follow-up for 6 months
- Post-operative follow-ups by bariatric surgeon for 3 months
- Pre-operative high protein low carbohydrate diet
What about financing?
Many of our patients ask about financing and those that chose this option have found Medicard, a medical finance
company very accommodating. Visit them at:
A second option is Credit Medical: https://creditmedical.com/