We are a private facility and our surgeons work outside of RAMQ (non participating physicians within the meaning of the health act
). This means that patients must pay all costs.
|New Patient Consultation
(the new patient consultation is free for those who chose to have the surgery with us)
|Returning Patient after 6 months post surgery:
Please note these costs can vary within the given range depending on the complexity
of the case and the raw operating material and hospital costs at the time of surgery throughout the year.
|First time laparoscopic surgery
|Lap Band Removal
||$ 13,000 – $ 14,000
||$ 18,500 – $ 19,500
|RY Gastric Bypass
||$ 19,000 – $ 20,500
These surgery costs include:
|Revision laparoscopic surgery
|Revision surgery e.g. Lap Band Removal and Sleeve Gastrectomy, Lap “Distalization” of RY Gastric bypass, Lap Band and RY Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy to RY Gastric Bypass etc.
||$ 18,800 – 23,000
These surgery costs do not include:
- All medical, surgical, anesthesia, nursing and support staff fees
- Operating room rental and operating room supplies
- Admission to an accredited hospital for observation after the surgery to ensure the patient’s safety
- Pre-operative medical history and physical exam and verification of the medical file for safe surgery
- Pre-operative blood tests
- Pre-operative ECG
- Pre-operative nursing evaluation and teaching and post-operative follow-up for 3 months
- Pre-operative evaluation and teaching with a specialized bariatric registered dietician and post-operative follow-up for 6 months
- Pre-operative high protein low carbohydrate diet
When you compare fees to other clinics please be aware that we are the only ones that admit patients
to a private hospital for their surgery as well as their post-surgery convalescence according
to the CURRENT STANDARD OF CARE.
- A $300 surcharge for BMI>50 kg/m2 (to cover the extra operating room time required to perform the surgery)
- A $300 surcharge for previous open surgery (to cover the extra operating room time required to perform the surgery)
What about financing?
Many of our patients ask about financing and those that chose this option have found MEDICARD a medical finance
company very accommodating. Visit them at